Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, March 9, 2009

one hundred wishes


Today it hit me. As I was helping Emma into her costume butterfly wings for the 47th time of the morning I realized - she's a girl! Yes, I already knew that, but I mean a girly girl. Don't get me wrong, she's rough and tough, but she loves pink, princesses, and ballet slippers, she adores her "babies," and actually likes to go shopping with me. This was not my experience as a kid. I had dolls, but preferred to play horses. I didn't like dresses, and I really didn't like pink. Before the girls were born the thought she would be the way she is would have scared me... what do I do with her? But it has snuck up on me and I've found myself loving it! While reading a friend's blog this afternoon, I stumbled accross this online store "One Hundred Wishes," chock-full of old-fashioned girly odds and ends - and a fantastic blog to boot!

2 comments:

Ashlyn Carter said...

I just love your girly girls :)

Blonde Story Short said...

I love that little girly girl :) If you ever feel overwhelmed with having to entertain girl-tastic,ness Auntie Sara can help!