Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, June 30, 2011


I love Pinterest.
Well, love it and hate it both I guess. On one hand I have access to unending inspiration and tutorials and on the other hand there is no possible way I could follow through on everything I pin. I've decided to make a real effort this summer to try a lot of them. I'll share what learn here.

Today I attempted the "Knot So Hard Flip Flops" tutorial from The Mother Huddle.

Before we get into this, I should tell you I am not a read the directions kind of girl. Even with tutorials, I generally go by the pictures until things take a turn for the worse... which ended up happening today when I made the straps too short and hot glued too early leaving me ripping hot glue apart from a foam shoe and nearly giving up on the project entirely!


diy kid flips

Here's how Emma's turned out. They're cuter in person but I couldn't get her to stand still for more than 5 seconds (she was busy jumping on the trampoline when I was begging her to model for me - hence the filthy feet!) I omitted the second knot. I liked them, but what I didn't like was that they were fraying already... which is supposed to be a part of the summery charm, but I didn't want mine that way. I followed instructions this time {while still omitting the 2nd knot on top} but after cutting my fabric, I sewed it right sides together into a tube and turned it right side out so that I wouldn't have the fraying edges.

diy flips

I LOVE them! See you soon...

No comments: