Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, March 5, 2012

Passion

IMGP0015

Oh how I miss horses... sometimes I forget how important it was to me, and then I come across a reminder of my time riding. It was my passion in life, until my love for being a mom eclipsed it. We're cleaning out and getting ready for the new baby, and today I came across my box with my boots, saddle, etc. The girls loved my boots, and couldn't have been cuter trying them on.

I was going to donate all of my tack and riding clothes, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I was reading Psalm 37 today, and one of the verses says that if we delight ourselves in the Lord, he will give us the desires of our heart. I have always thought that to mean He will give us things like wisdom, more love, compassion, and so on. But as I was praying, I thought (and who knows, I could be totally off here) that as I grow as a Christian, and strive to be more and more like Christ, I have given "the desires of my heart" over to Him. And this is one that just hangs in there. It seems so much a part of who He made me. I have a hoof pick in my jewelry box for goodness sake (tmi?). We aren't sure where this life is leading our little family right now, but I have a feeling that one day I'm going to be glad I kept my riding things!

No comments: