Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, April 20, 2009

sick

Sick. And I don't mean in the germy kind of way. Guess what this is a picture of?
It's a placenta sandwich. Now, I'm all for natural things, I make my own baby food, try to buy green products ,etc. etc, but I'd have to draw the line here.

New mom, Chrissy Schilling said this about the menu, “The energy levels I had before and after the [placenta] consumption were immediately noticeable to me,” Chrissy told Momlogic in this post. “The first 24 hours after my daughter’s birth, I would nurse on the move around the apartment, showing her around, but would have to take frequent breaks to sit because of how light-headed I felt. But after that second night, with a belly full of placenta, those dizzy spells completely vanished….” Some cultures believe that eating the placenta after birth restores mom's horomone levels and other such things. Read the whole article here, I can't look at this another minute!