Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, October 14, 2010

simple skirt

While I was catching up on blogs yesterday I stumbled upon this SUPER easy diy skirt. i love that her daughter's name is ashlyn too!Seriously people, it took me maybe 10 minutes... and only minimal sewing skills are needed {very minimal} I only glanced at her pictures and went from there.. I know she used a serger around the edges, but I don't have one - jealous - and didn't want to spend the time to hem all around. If you use a knit {tshirt type material} you do not have to finish the edges because it really doesn't fray. I pretty much always take the easy way out ;) have fun!



did i forget to mention that i made it during naptime, and actually made it so long she pulled it up to be a dress? {below}

2 comments:

a s h l y n . c a r t e r said...

adorable! love the latest bloggin'! ; ) miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh man, she is cute! Look at that beautiful, fresh up from nap face. nothing better. Love the skirt as a dress!