Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, October 2, 2008

silhouette project


Alright, I know I'm late to jump on the boat, but I am totally into the silhouette craze right now. I remember posing for a silhouette drawing in third grade where they traced our shadow, the class cut them all out, and we gave them to our parents as a Mother's Day present. This DIY is similar, but a little more stylish, and doesn't involve getting your kid to sit still (always a plus)

1. find a picture of your child's profile, make it the size you want your silhouette to be. print out...

2. with a black, fine tip marker, carefully trace the outline of your child's silhouette

3. cut out

4. choose a paper (i chose one with a print) to trace the silhouette onto

5. cut out

6. mount on paper of your choice

7. frame it and smile!
The prints on my paper don't show up well here, but I used scrapbooking paper with a damask print for both the silhouette and backing. Happy crafting!

No comments: