Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, September 14, 2008

you make me happy

We returned from A & T's wedding yesterday in Ventura. It was perfect. The weather, the location, and of course the couple, handpicked by God for each other. Congratulations to them both, and we can't wait to see you when you return from Hawaii! Emma was a great little flower girl, she didn't throw any petals, but she walked out into that crowd of strangers like a professional (sort of).


Today I ran out to the store for the weekly groceries while Dave stayed home with a napping Emma. When I walked in the front door, they were both singing and doing the motions to a "Dora"song. Em was giggling and Dave was smiling. I have to admit that as of late, I've been kind of stressing over the "5 year plan"... just what exactly are our goals & how are we going to get there? As I stored groceries away in the kitchen and then moved onto the everyday tasks like folding laundry, putting it away, and picking up toys it came over me... I am incredibly blessed. I could hear them in the background, my daughter and beloved husband, playing together and carrying on... and I was filled with the joy of knowing that no matter what we have or don't have, what careers we take or where we live, my family is the blessing I hold closest to my heart and the gift from God which is most precious.

1 comment:

Ashlyn Carter said...

This is so cute. Thank you Liz and Em for being such a beautiful seamstress and most precious flower girl. love you all! xoxo ash